PDA

View Full Version : New Sakuraba stuff

Abrahm
01-25-2004, 08:58 AM
There are a few new Motoi Sakuraba discs coming. I hope my wallet can keep up.

It looks like he'll arrange the Super Mario Bros. music somehow. I can't wait to hear it. But I gotta say, I would love to hear his arrangements of some Zelda tunes. That would be just 2 l337!

Star Ocean Original Soundtrack - I'll wait for more information. But looking at the price, I can only guess that it'll be a two-disc set. Maybe this is a reprint of the Perfect Collection? I certainly hope so... we'll see.

Star Ocean Til the End of Time Director's Cut... it looks like most of the tracks are brand new. I'm guessing the 'Band Recording' and piano solo tracks are from the live concert CD. Can anyone confirm that?

datschge
01-25-2004, 09:05 PM
For Famicom 20th Annyversary I hoped it would include Kirby music arranged by Sakuraba, since I like Jun Ishikawa's fast Kirby stuff and always wondered how Motoi would rearrange it. ^^ But I guess Motoi got chosen for arranging Super Mario Bros. since he did just that a couple of times already in the Mario Golf/Tennis games (more stuff which deserves soundtrack releases, heh).

As for Star Ocean Original Soundtrack it looks like it will be what it says, an original soundtrack for a seven year old game. =P Now I really wish to see a Hiouden SFC or Tenshi no Uta SFC original soundtrack. =P If the synth used for the Star Ocean 1 tracks on SO&VP The Best CD is any indication what's to come this OST will be sounding differently enough from the SFC synth for me to consider it as a quasi arranged CD.

Regarding Director's Cut I guess all except Beyond the One (studio recording appeared on DVD) and Motoi Sakuraba Piano Solo (dito) will be new. 'Band Recording' sound more like new studio recordings to me, otherwise I'd just say 'Live'...

We'll see *shrugs* =)

kuwert
01-26-2004, 08:08 PM
I'm kind of hoping the new Star Ocean OST will be similar to the Blue Sphere OST. The first disc could be the same as the first disc on the Perfect Sound Collection, and the second disc to be the game's actual original audio.

Smeg
01-26-2004, 08:26 PM
I'm kind of hoping the new Star Ocean OST will be similar to the Blue Sphere OST. The first disc could be the same as the first disc on the Perfect Sound Collection, and the second disc to be the game's actual original audio.

I like that idea. I doubt anyone has much use for the voice collection disc from the PSC anyway.

KujaFFman
01-27-2004, 01:47 PM
The new Star Ocean album will be the entire soundtrack of the game, but not with the original SFC quality. The synth will have a better sound quality !

Smeg
01-27-2004, 04:04 PM
The new Star Ocean album will be the entire soundtrack of the game, but not with the original SFC quality. The synth will have a better sound quality !

Where did you find this info?

KujaFFman
01-27-2004, 05:06 PM
TEAM Entertainment website ! http://www.team-e.co.jp/

kuwert
01-27-2004, 07:06 PM
I sooooooo hoooooope it's better than what was used on the SO VP THE BEST album :( :( :( I didn't like it that much at all

Smeg
01-28-2004, 07:19 PM
TEAM Entertainment website ! http://www.team-e.co.jp/

Oh, heh. I had just checked earlier and they hadn't mentioned anything about it yet :P I'm slightly apprehensive about the sound; I'm not yet convinced that I wouldn't rather have the actual sound of the SPC. Either way, I'm still thrilled to see the new interest in resurrecting Sakuraba's older works.

princesselushia
07-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Hello

:) I'm expecting that Star Ocean Director's Cut Soundtrack any day now. I bought this at an auction on Ebay. Of course, Cocoebiz has it too, but I'm so interested to get this CD!! Once I get it, I'm sure that the cd it's worth listening to!!!